- 1 What is the shortcut key to remove duplicates in Excel?
- 2 How do I remove duplicates from one column in Excel?
- 3 How do you remove duplicates but keep rest of the row values in Excel?
- 4 How do you remove duplicates in data validation?
- 5 How do I remove duplicates in Excel 2016?
- 6 Does remove duplicates remove the entire row?
- 7 How do I consolidate duplicates in Excel?
- 8 How do I remove duplicates without deleting rows?
- 9 How do you remove duplicates in Excel using Vlookup?
- 10 How do I remove duplicates in pages?
- 11 How do you duplicate numbers in a spreadsheet?
What is the shortcut key to remove duplicates in Excel?
Remove duplicates by shortcut
press Ctrl + Space to select the whole column of the active cell. (Press Shift + Space to select the whole row.) Note: If your data contains several columns, the Remove Duplicates Warding dialog box will pop out as below screenshot shown.
How do I remove duplicates from one column in Excel?
Remove Duplicates from a Single Column in Excel
- Select the data.
- Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Remove Duplicates.
- In the Remove Duplicates dialog box: If your data has headers, make sure the ‘My data has headers’ option is checked. Make sure the column is selected (in this case there is only one column).
How do you remove duplicates but keep rest of the row values in Excel?
With a formula and the Filter function, you can quickly remove duplicates but keep rest.
- Select a blank cell next to the data range, D2 for instance, type formula =A3=A2, drag auto fill handle down to the cells you need.
- Select all data range including the formula cell, and click Data > Filter to enable Filter function.
How do you remove duplicates in data validation?
Create drop down list without duplicates by using Remove Duplicates
- Select the column range you want to use in the table, the press Ctrl + C to copy it, and place it to another position by pressing Ctrl + V.
- Then keep selecting the list, click Data > Remove Duplicates.
How do I remove duplicates in Excel 2016?
How to Remove Duplicate Data in Excel 2016
- Click on any cell in your spreadsheet that contains data.
- Click the Remove Duplicates button in the Data tab.
- In the resulting window, select the columns you want to search for duplicates and remove and hit OK.
- Click OK after Excel scans for those duplicates in each field and deletes them for you.
Does remove duplicates remove the entire row?
Note. Because the Remove Duplicates tool permanently deletes identical records, it’s a good idea to make a copy of the original data before removing duplicate rows. To begin with, select the range in which you want to ddelete dupes. To select the entire table, press Ctrl + A.
How do I consolidate duplicates in Excel?
Combine duplicate rows and sum the values with Consolidate function
- Click a cell where you want to locate the result in your current worksheet.
- Go to click Data > Consolidate, see screenshot:
- In the Consolidate dialog box:
- After finishing the settings, click OK, and the duplicates are combined and summed.
How do I remove duplicates without deleting rows?
How to remove duplicates but keep blank rows in Excel?
- In Excel, the Remove Duplicate function can help you remove duplicate values from a list quickly.
- In the adjacent cell, type this formula =IF(LEN(TRIM(A1))=0,ROW(),””), A1 is the first data of the list you want to remove duplicates, drag the auto fill handle over cells to get all blank rows numbers.
How do you remove duplicates in Excel using Vlookup?
1 – Select any cell in the data list and then from the Data tab select Remove Duplicates. 2 – Select one or more columns that contain duplicate values. 3 – Click OK. Excel will delete any rows where duplicate values are found in the selected columns.
How do I remove duplicates in pages?
Delete Duplicates Using the ‘Remove Duplicates‘ Tool
- Select the dataset from which you want to remove the duplicate records.
- Click the Data option in the menu.
- Click on the Remove Duplicates option.
- In the Remove Duplicates dialog box, make sure ‘Data has header row’ is selected (in case your data has the header row).
How do you duplicate numbers in a spreadsheet?
Save a copy of a spreadsheet
- Open Numbers, and if a spreadsheet is already open, tap Spreadsheets in the top-left corner to see all your spreadsheets.
- Touch and hold the spreadsheet thumbnail, lift your finger, then tap Duplicate. The duplicate appears with a number appended to its name.