- 1 How do you force restart an iPhone?
- 2 How do I restart my iPhone with buttons?
- 3 What is the Shut Down button on iPhone?
- 4 How can I restart my iPhone without the home button or touchscreen?
- 5 How can I reboot my phone?
- 6 How can I restart my phone without the button?
- 7 Will a hard reset delete everything on my phone?
- 8 How do you unfreeze an iPhone?
- 9 Is it good to turn off iPhone every night?
- 10 How do I turn my iPhone off without the power button?
- 11 What do you do when your iPhone won’t turn off?
- 12 How do you fix an unresponsive home button?
How do you force restart an iPhone?
Press and hold both the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
- Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
- You’ll be back in your home screen.
If you’re not comfortable using the buttons to turn off your iPhone, you can do so in Settings. On the Home screen, tap Settings. On the Settings screen, tap General. Tap Shut Down at the bottom of the General screen. Then, drag the Slide to Power Off slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
Rebooting your iPhone without using buttons
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to Accessibility → Touch → AssistiveTouch.
- Toggle on Assistive Touch if it’s not already enabled.
- Tap on the AssistiveTouch box that appeared on your screen in the last step.
- Tap on the Device button.
How can I reboot my phone?
You can go for what is known as a “hard” reboot. Depending on your device, this can be achieved by pressing a combination of buttons. In most Android devices, you have to simultaneously press the power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds.
Pressing down both volume buttons on your device for a long period can often bring up a boot menu. From there you can choose to restart your device. Your phone may use a combination of holding the volume buttons while also holding the home button, so be sure to try this as well.
Will a hard reset delete everything on my phone?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do you unfreeze an iPhone?
An immediate way to unfreeze your iPhone is by performing the hard reset. Hold the “sleep/wake” button on your iPhone and the “Home” button simultaneously for 10 seconds until an Apple logo appears on the screen. The iPhone will restart back to normalcy.
Is it good to turn off iPhone every night?
The optimal configuration is probably to turn if off once at night unless you need it for important calls/emails (to extend the battery life) and that’s it. It will take a lot of on/off to really reduce the life of the storage, but the battery will definitely lose its luster faster, so shutting down could help.
How to turn off your iPhone without the power button
- Navigate to Settings > General.
- Swipe down and tap Shut Down.
- Swipe the power off slider from left to right.
What do you do when your iPhone won’t turn off?
To do this, hold down the Sleep/Wake button (the power button) and the Home button at the same time. Press and hold these two buttons together until the Apple logo appears on your iPhone’s display. You may need to press both buttons for as long as 20 seconds, so be patient!
For this fix, you’ll need 98-99 percent isopropyl alcohol, which can be found at hardware stores. Using a cotton swab, eye dropper, or tissue, apply 2-3 drops of the isopropyl alcohol directly to the home button, avoiding the screen.