- 1 How fast can the average person throw a rock?
- 2 How far can the average person throw a ball?
- 3 What ball can you throw the farthest?
- 4 Is throwing rocks illegal?
- 5 Is it illegal to throw rocks at a train?
- 6 Why do rocks skip on water?
- 7 How do you skip rocks like a pro?
- 8 How high can a human throw?
- 9 How fast should a 10 year old throw a baseball?
- 10 How far can a 10 year old throw a baseball?
- 11 Can you throw a golf ball 100 yards?
- 12 How far can a tennis ball be thrown?
- 13 Can you throw a golf ball or baseball farther?
How fast can the average person throw a rock?
Under stress, the average male can throw a rock at about 120 feet per second — or a little over 80 miles an hour. Men seem to instinctively pick up rocks for throwing that weigh a little over a pound.
How far can the average person throw a ball?
Assuming the first of the two the average human can throw a ball approximately 15 metres (49.213 feet) in the air. In the latter the average person could throw a ball around 60 mp/h (37.3km/h).
What ball can you throw the farthest?
445 Ft 10 In (135.9m) – Baseball Throw
Yet one of our very own, Canadian Glen Gorbous holds the record for the longest throw in baseball history with a distance of 445’10”.
Is throwing rocks illegal?
Throwing rocks at people is considered assault. Throwing rocks at houses or cars is not considered assault, it is considered property damage. Both are illegal, and will get you in trouble with the law.
Is it illegal to throw rocks at a train?
943.07 Criminal damage to railroads. (3) Whoever intentionally throws, shoots or propels any stone, brick or other missile at any railroad train, car, caboose or engine is guilty of a Class B misdemeanor.
Why do rocks skip on water?
The principle of the conservation of momentum dictates that as the stone enters the water and pushes some of the water downwards, the stone is forced upwards. If its velocity is less than this value, the stone skims across the water for a short distance and then sinks.
How do you skip rocks like a pro?
How to Skip Rocks
- Select a skipping stone. The stone should be mostly flat, about the size of the palm of your hand and about the weight of a tennis ball.
- Grip the stone properly. Hold it with your thumb and middle finger, then firmly hook your index finger along the edge.
- Throw the stone.
- Release the stone.
How high can a human throw?
It would depend on the angle of throwing the ball. THEREFORE, the maximum height that the ball can reach is 80 meters.
How fast should a 10 year old throw a baseball?
Pitching velocity by age in the U.S.
|Age||Average Velocity¹||Your Goal²|
|8||39 MPH||40 MPH|
|9||44 MPH||45 MPH|
|10||47 MPH||50 MPH|
|11||52 MPH||55 MPH|
How far can a 10 year old throw a baseball?
3. Pitching distance shall be 44 feet for 9 year olds; 46 feet for 10 year olds. 4. No balks will be called, however, coaches are encouraged to teach proper mechanics.
Can you throw a golf ball 100 yards?
Newton’s second law of motion tells us that: Force = Mass times Acceleration (F = M x A). Don’t forget the ‘MASS’ part and YOU will have a chance at throwing a golf ball over 100 yards.
How far can a tennis ball be thrown?
Throwing the ball directly horizontally (an angle of release of 0 degrees), I’m guessing I’d reach about 15 yards, maybe 20 if I really stepped into it. I’ve personally hit 50 yards (~46 meters) if thrown at any angle and measured horizontally.
Can you throw a golf ball or baseball farther?
The ridges of a golf ball will only help keep the ball in the air longer if the ball is spinning, so if you threw a perfect knuckle ball with the golf ball, the baseball could be thrown farther, maybe. Last edited by Slice847; 07-29-2006 at 03:01 PM.